Re: [Libevent-users] libevent with non standard ssl directory

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 6:53 PM, Sanjeev Kulkarni <sanjeev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I'm a relative newbee to libevent so apologies if this is already answered.
> How to configure libevent to use a non-standard installation path of
> openssl. Basically my project has openssl included and I want libevent to
> compile/link against that copy and not the standard system openssl.
> Thanks!

You should be able to just override the CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS variable
when you configure, so that they include the right -I and the right -L
flags respectively.

In 2.1, I'd like to adopt a more standard approach --possibly
pkgconfig-- for other finding other libraries.  But for now, that's
what we've got.

hth,
--
Nick