Re: [Libevent-users] libevent in Windows App Store app

IIRC, the Windows libevent code uses WinSock, and select() or I/O completion ports for dealing with events.  A cursory grep through the code confirms no references to "Windows.Networking."  Unfortunately, I doubt there would be serious interest in this as that group of APIs is completely non-portable.

From: Haseeb Abdul Qadir <haseebq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "libevent-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <libevent-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2012 10:31 AM
Subject: [Libevent-users] libevent in Windows App Store app

Hi,

Has anyone managed to use libevent in a Windows App Store app? From speaking to Microsoft it looks like Windows App Store apps can use a subset of the Win32 apis. WinSock unfortunately is not in the allowed list of Win32 apis. Apps are required to use the new Windows.Networking.Sockets api (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.networking.sockets.aspx) for networking.

I'm wondering if there is an effort to get libevent working on the Windows App Store?

Thanks.