Re: [Libevent-users] evhttp client and IPv6

14.02.2013, 17:17, "Grega Kres" <gregakres@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hello,

I've written a simple program to get data off HTTP servers. The gist of it is here: https://gist.github.com/gkres/4952640
It works as expected with ipv4, but I can't get it to work with ipv6. I searched around a bit and I'm getting mixed answers about if this is possible.

The libevent 2.0.21 source seems to suggest the socket is bound with AF_INET but some people are claiming it can be done, but don't provide any useful info beyond saying: "Libevent supports ipv6."
If this is in fact possible can someone help out with a working example?

libevent 2.0 does not support http client connection over ipv6. I use the attached hack in my own libevent version.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks