Re: [Libevent-users] Re: release tarball naming and missing configure

how do i start a conversation please do guide me i have some issues i want to discuss

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 12:27 AM, Azat Khuzhin <a3at.mail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "release-2.1.8-stable.tar.gz" is a terrible filename for people which
>> build rpm packages - you have to rename the tarball to something useful
>> and additionally look how the folder inside the tarball is named

Hello,

Indeed, I'd totally forgot to create proper dist archive, so here it is:
  https://github.com/libevent/libevent/releases/download/release-2.1.8-stable/libevent-2.1.8-stable.tar.gz

>> %{name}-release-%{version}-stable.tar.gz
>> %setup -q -n %{name}-release-%{version}-stable
>>
>> well, and opposite to earlier releases the is no ./configure
>>
>> given that the last release was 3 years ago and the changelog shows a
>> massive amount of changes and even security relevant fixes i am not
>> terrible happy about the dance you need to just call "rpmbuild -bb"
>> without even konwing if any software using it will work at all

So all this issues should be fixed with proper dist archive, if not
please email back!

Many thanks,
Azat.