[Libevent-users] [ANN] libevent-2.1.9-beta is released

Hi everyone!

New 2.1.x release is out - 2.1.9-beta. The reason why it is beta, is
because it is better to have few weeks (or more) to know about possible
problems (although I'm pretty sure that it is good enough to be
*stable*).

2.1.9 contains almost all patches from 2.2 (since 2.2 contains almost
bug fixes only, except I guess only few patches or so), and it is pretty
stable in regression tests, but not without failures (some flackiness
still presented), although this is not the problem of libevent itself,
but it's tests.

You will find it here:
  https://github.com/libevent/libevent/releases/tag/release-2.1.9-beta

Or if you just need release archive:
  https://github.com/libevent/libevent/releases/download/release-2.1.9-beta/libevent-2.1.9-beta.tar.gz
(please note, that you need "libevent-2.1.9-beta.tar.gz" not "Source
code" links, since later do not requires running ./autogen.sh)

I'm not going to attach ChangeLog here (since it is pretty large), but
for those who is curios you can find it here:
  https://raw.github.com/libevent/libevent/release-2.1.9-beta/ChangeLog

It has been tested in next environment (with both cmake/autotools build
systems):
- ubuntu
- freebsd
- osx
- windows
- netbsd
- solaris
- centos

As usual, *many* thanks (especially for those how reminded about making
new releases) to everyone who helped with
debugging/backporting/reporting/testing and fixing issues!

So please go ahead and test!

P.S. if you use libevent, please let us know which version do you use
(and if you are not using 2.1+ - leave a comment why):
  https://github.com/libevent/libevent/issues/707

  Azat.