[Libevent-users] lock question

Does writing to an output evbuffer (specifocally I use evbuffer_add_reference) of a bufferevent attempt to acquire the event_base’s lock?

I.e., if thread A calls evbuffer_add_reference(bufferevent_get_output(bev), data, data_len, cleanupfn, extra) - will it block while thread B that dispatches on bev’s event_base is handling active events?

Bringing this matter up -  I think that an API for asynchronous (e.g., event driven) addition/deletion of events would be useful.

Thanks,

Avi