[Libevent-users] Counting the number of transferred bytes

Hi everybody,

I have an application that performs HTTP and HTTPS requests with the
help of libevent. For statistical purposes, I'd like to count the number
of bytes handed over to and received from the socket/TCP layer. That
means the bytes in the header and body of both response and request
which might be encrypted by TLS. How can I accomplish this with the help
of libevent?

I stumbled across filters but I'm not sure if that's the right way to
go. Something like a "null filter" that passes data just from source to
destination without modifications could be used for counting. However,
for my use-case such a filter must be applied after encryption by TLS.

Do you have any suggestion on how to accomplish this task?

Regards, Steffen