Re: [Libevent-users] event_base_dispatch returning -1 - help debugging

You're right, Dave, about the print statements.  I accidentally pasted my code and then modified what was printed out.  The else should read: else { cout << "event is not pending" << endl; } and this line of code always gets executed, despite it still getting triggered on incoming connection.

I'll work on getting a more basic piece of code that I can put on the internet. I just difficult to release a complete piece of code with this being a commercial product.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Dave Hart <davehart@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Julian Bui <julianbui@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Oh, one more thing.  I would really like to verify that there is indeed an
> event still pending - because I can at least restart the dispatch loop if
> there is an event pending.  But I have not been able to correctly use
> event_pending for some reason.  My code is below

You have incomplete pseudocode below.

> and it always prints "event is not pending" regardless of

My reading has it always printing "event is still pending" regardless
of anything.

> whether or not the dispatch loop is running.
>  The code sets up a persistent event that will handle every incoming
> connection to my server.  I would expect that at some point it would print
> out that the event is pending...because like I said, this code DOES work
> most of the time, and if it's not pending I have no idea why the handlers
> would even still be triggered.
>
> struct event* my_event = event_new(s_event_base, server_socket, EV_READ |
> EV_PERSIST, &TileSocketServer::onAccept, (void*) client);
>
>       if(my_event != NULL)
>       {
>          int add_err = event_add(my_event, NULL);
>
>          if(add_err != 0)
>             cout << "add_err:" << add_err << endl;
>
>          int is_evt_pending = event_pending(my_event, EV_READ | EV_PERSIST,
> NULL);
>          if(is_evt_pending == 1)
>          {
>             cout << "event is still pending" << endl;
>          }
>          else
>          {
>             cout << "event is still pending" << endl;
>          }

I suggest providing a complete, freestanding example that others can
actually compile rather than simply speculate about.

Cheers,
Dave Hart