[Libevent-users] bufferevents and pipes

Hi all,

I am writing a program in C using network I/O for Linux/BSD.

Things are working well with libevent for the socket types I'm using,
and I'm able to make use of bufferevents on these sockets.

However, part of this application also receives a file descriptor via
pipe(2) which it can then use to read() from.  My understanding is
that bufferevents don't work with FDs created with pipe().

Is this still the case?  If not, am I still able to use libevent to
monitor FDs created with pipe(2) in some other way?

TIA,
Thomas