Re: [Libevent-users] SSL support

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 12:56 AM, Haiping Zhao <hzhao@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, there,
>
> I'm really interested in getting SSL support for evhttp and I saw there was
> a patch doing that. Anyone has a pointer?

Hi there!

The "ark" project patched the old Libevent 1.x http code to provide
SSL support  You can see some discussion at [1] and [2].  The URL in
those posts (http://www.tecsiel.it/ark) seems to be down right now; I
don't know whether that's temporary or permanent.

Libevent 2.0.x has integrated SSL support in its bufferevent layer
(currently using OpenSSL, but it could be extended to use other
libraries in the future).    The evhttp.c code doesn't use it right
now, but it would be neat to have a good patch for it.  The first step
would probably be figuring out the correct interface.  Niels, do you
have any suggestions here?

yrs,
--
Nick