Re: [Libevent-users] Closing bufferevents

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Zac Sims <zac.sims@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> G'day,
>
> Small question, which isn't documented as far as I know. If the underlying
> socket of a buffered event is closed, will the close event (i.e.
> BEV_EVENT_EOF) be generated before the read callback for the buffered event?
>
> That is, do the read events take priority over the BEV_EVENT_EOF event?

If you yourself close the socket, then stuff will fail in general;
BEV_EVENT_EOF occurs when the other side closes the TCP connection,
not when the socket is closed by your own program.

Generally, if a bufferevent readcb and bufferevent EOF eventcb are
both pending at once, they will get activated in that order.

--
Nick