[Libevent-users] levent 2.x multithreaded?

Hi Folks,

I thought libevent would work multithreaded in the sense we can create (let's say) 4 worker threads that poll the same event_base. Is that assumption wrong?

In my test code, I see deadlocks between the worker-threads inside libevent after the first event getting dispatched via socket.

For those that may ask 'why?': running ssl encrypted traffic is a heavy burden to the CPU, and I'd like to split CPU loads over all existing processor cores.

If this is not intended to work: will it be in future? What do you think?

Any hints appreciated, and thanks!
  Roman