Re: [Libevent-users] libevent with Windows IOCP

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 7:58 PM, Henk Goosen <henkgoosen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am looking into using libevent for a high performance cross-platform networking application. From the documentation and searching around I get the feeling that IOCP is still not well supported and/or stable in libevent.
>
> Is this accurate? Should I look elsewhere? Is IOCP support a high priority for the libevent user community?

There's IOCP support in Libevent, and I'm working on more IOCP
support, but it's not at the point where I could promise anybody a
trouble-free experience with it.  I'd guess that it's got a good shot
at working for you, but you could run into bugs, and you'd need to be
ready to report them and help tracking them down and fixing them.  If
that's not something you'd want to do, and you need your IOCP support
*now*, you might want to look at boost::asio or something.

yrs,
--
Nick