Re: [Libevent-users] bufferevent read high watermark and missing error/event callback

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Mina Naguib
<mina.naguib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've run into an issue and I'm wondering if it's expected behavior or not.
>
> If a bufferevent with a configured read-high-watermark actually reaches the watermark, the TCP disconnect on the underlying socket is not reported.  I've observed this on Mac OS X (kevent) as well as linux 3.5 (epoll), using libevent 2.0.21

I don't believe there's a way that works across all backends to learn
that a socket has become closed when you're not listening for reads on
it and you're not trying to write on it.  Is this implementable?