Re: [Libevent-users] patch for https

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 12:21 AM, Zulfiqer Sekender <zulfiqers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Nick,
> I understand that https feature will be available in 2.1 series.

It will be only if somebody finishes writing it.  As I noted above, I
can't merge the existing patches as-is.

>When 2.1
> series will be released?
> Please, let us know.
> Thanks.

I'm planning to put out the first 2.1 alpha release as soon as there
are one or two interesting features in it.  I was originally thinking
of saying "Libevent 2.1 stable should come out 6-9 months after
Libevent", but that's a little pointless, given the pace at which
features have been landing in the 2.1 git branch.  So instead what if
we aim for "Libevent 2.1 stable should come out 3-6 months after the
first alpha release" ?

This is all just guesswork of course.

--
Nick