Re: [Libevent-users] Building for Android

2011/5/18 Daniel Rönnqvist <daniel.ronnqvist@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to build libevent for Android from Cygwin and is
> experiencing some problems.
>
> I've tried running configure with the following line:
>
> ./configure -host=arm-eabi CC=arm-linux-androideabi-gcc
> CPPFLAGS="-I$NDK_ROOT/platforms/android-9/arch-arm/usr/include/"
> CFLAGS="-nostdlib"
> LDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath-link=$NDK_ROOT/platforms/android-9/arch-arm/usr/lib/
> -L$NDK_ROOT/platforms/android-9/arch-arm/usr/lib/" LIBS="-lc"
>
> It seems to work except that the Makefile is generated as if I'm
> compiling for a Windows host, using arm compilers :)

Strange!  Is there a particular part of it that's come out wrong?
With more information we could try to fix it.

> Is there a quick fix for this or do I need to write my own Android Makefile?

That shouldn't be necessary; there's at least one Android project I'm
aware of that uses Libevent, and they don't do anything odd to patch
the configure file.

As near as I can tell, their configure line is
   CC=droid-gcc LD=droid-ld ./configure --host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi

But note that they build from Linux -- I don't know anybody who's
tried targetting Android from Cygwin.

> Tomorrow I'm going to try to build it from Linux and see if that works
> better but it would be nice to know how to make this work in Cygwin.

Best of luck!
--
Nick