[Libevent-users] the relation between event loop and struct event variable lifetime and scope

From stackoverflow I get to know that  if I define a struct event variable in a function which is different from where event_base_dispatch()
is defined, this event will not be added to the event loop, as below, ev1 will not be added to event loop.

   void func(){
     struct event ev1;
     event_set(&ev1, ...);
     event_add(&ev1, ...)
   }

   int main(){
      func();
      event_base_dispatch(base);
 }

my problem is that I can't estimate the number of events in advance(think about discrete-event-driven simulation
if you know it, but I'm not using libevent
for this purpose). so I have to create one event each time a call back function or its sub-function wants to insert an event into the event_loop.
That's being said I need to create
many events that are local varibles which are not seen by
event_base_dispatch(base);

are there any workaround for my problem?