Re: [Libevent-users] bev_ssl: Be more specific in event callbacks

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 8:04 PM, Catalin Patulea <catalinp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> bev_ssl currently only reports EVENT_EOF when the connection is
> closed, so it confuses evhttp. This patch makes bev_ssl additionally
> set one of BEV_EVENT_{READING|WRITING}, as appropriate, when the
> connection is closed.

The patch looks good.  I'm wondering whether to apply it to 2.0 or
not.  Technically, it is a bugfix, since it makes the bev_ssl behavior
conform to the other bufferevent types... but it would break any code
that relied on getting EVENT_EOF *without*
BEV_EVENT_{READING|WRITING}.  Now, such code *is* noncompliant and
incorrect, but I think breaking it is more appropriate for the 2.1
transition than for the 2.0 series, which is supposed to be as stable
as possible.

So for now, for the reason above, and since the API that you'd require
to use SSL bufferevents with evhttp is also only in 2.1, I'm going to
merge this into for 2.1 as well.

(In other news, I hope to get the first 2.1 alpha out next month.
It'll have fewer big new features than I would have wanted, but it has
managed to accumulate a pretty impressive array of small improvements
so far.)

--
Nick