Re: [Libevent-users] Issues compiling libevent 2.0.22-stable on OS X 10.11.6 (15G31) and OpenSSL 1.1.0c 10 Nov 2016

Hi Azat,

It is failing on the following:

  "_TLS_method", referenced from:
      _main in le-proxy.o
make[1]: *** [sample/le-proxy] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Thanks!

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 4:54 PM, varun <varun.net@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Azat,

It works, sorry it was failing because of my fault. My editor was converting tabs to spaces.

Compiling now and waiting to see what happens.

Thanks!

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 4:48 PM, Azat Khuzhin <a3at.mail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 12:44 AM, Azat Khuzhin <a3at.mail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 12:37 AM, varun <varun.net@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Azat,
>>
>> It didn't work. I do not have the git repo checked out hence using tarball
>> and using patch command.
>
> Hi,
>
> Is there any reason doing thiss without git?
> If you don't have ability to install git, than you can use this tarball instead:
> https://github.com/azat/libevent/archive/openssl-1.1-init-fixes.zip
>
> It will contain the whole libevent sources.

P.S. It works with "patch -p1"

wget https://github.com/libevent/libevent/archive/release-2.1.7-rc.tar.gz
tar -xzf release-2.1.7-rc.tar.gz
cd libevent-release-2.1.7-rc/
wget https://github.com/libevent/libevent/compare/master...azat:openssl-1.1-init-fixes.patch
$ patch -p1 < master...azat\:openssl-1.1-init-fixes.patch
patching file sample/le-proxy.c
patching file test/regress_ssl.c