[Libevent-users] Hacks for getting around CONFIG_HZ

Hello everyone,
i recently stumbled upon the CONFIG_HZ linux kernel parameter.
It is set to 250 on the system I'm using, meaning that if I create a timed event that tries to fire as fast as possible, it will be triggered at most 250 times for each second, or every 4 milliseconds.

I know this is unlikely, but do you know any hack to get around this?
i.e. increase the frequency without modifying the kernel configuration and rebooting, I can't do that!)

Regards,