[Libevent-users] Bug in libevent > 1.4.8 with evhttp_connection_set_closecb()

It appears that evhttp_connection_set_closecb() is never called in libevent versions > 1.4.8, because evhttp_connection_start_detectclose() was removed from the evhttp_send_reply() and evhttp_send_reply_start() functions. I believe this is referenced in the ChangeLog as "Fix a memory leak by not running explicit close detection for server connections" but that's just a guess on my part. Adding back the calls to libevent 1.4.12 causes the closecb callback to be invoked as expected.

Does adding back these calls result in a memory leak? Is there another way to get the functionality of evhttp_connection_set_closecb()?

Thanks,
Mark