Re: [Libevent-users] How to get debug output

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Ralph Castain <rhc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I apologize for the ignorance - I'm sure this is something simple that I'm overlooking.
>
> I built libevent 2.0.7rc with the default configuration, so I did -not- specify --disable-debug. It is my understanding that the debug code is therefore built. I have confirmed that this is the case.
>
> I then have my code call event_enable_debug_mode prior to calling event_init. However, I never get any debug output sent to my screen, even though I confirmed that I am calling event_assign, event_add, and other libevent functions.
>
> Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?
> Ralph

There are two debugging features here: event debugging mode, and the
verbose debug logs you're talking about.  Debug mode is a feature for
debugging your program; it turns on checks for incorrect uses of
events.  To get debugging output sent to stdout, rebuild with
"-DUSE_DEBUG" in the CPPFLAGS.

yrs,
--
Nick