[Libevent-users] Red Hat/Fedora systems, OpenSSL and libevent

Hi,

This is a bit a licensing question. Might not be the most popular topic, but
I'll give it a shot.

Currently the recent Fedora Core's and Red Hat Enterprise 6 force libnss-ssl
on the software. Even libcurl is not made available in various SSL flavors,
like on other platforms, e.g. Debian and OpenSuse have a preference, but
offer alternative builds.

I wondered if libevent would suffer similar restrictions or pushes from Red
Hat to use libnss in favor of OpenSSL to be adopted in the main repos. What
are your views and understandings in this regard?

For our line of work we depend upon OpenSSL heavily, hence my inquiry about
the matter. We also extend OpenSSL in some places and for our specific use
cases.

regards,

	Oscar Koeroo
	Nikhef