[Libevent-users] bufferevent with custom IO

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to implement a bufferevent that uses a custom API
to read/write data to the network - similar to what the SSL bufferevent
does with the OpenSSL BIO.

Any hints on what would be the best way to implement this? The easiest
solution I came up was to copy most of bufferevent_openssl.c and modify
"do_read" / "do_write" to use the other API. However this would require
building a completely custom version of libevent or using various
internal header files in my application.

I'm thinking about moving all common code from bufferevent_openssl to a
new bufferevent object that can be customized through callbacks with
OpenSSL being one implementation.

What do you think?

Best regards,
  Joachim