[Libevent-users] Program halt after add event

Hi,

I want use libevent as timer management tool in our program. Our program is multi-thread , and each thread will use some timer.

I can enter into the call back function after I called the following functions: event_assign(), event_add(), event_base_dispatch() , it works fine.

But I noticed that after I called the event_add(), the thread will halt, after executed the time-out callback function, it will execute the following instructions.

for example:Â the program will not execute to 'instruction 1' until it has executed the timer callback function.

event_add();Â //set the timer value

instruntion 1;

Is there some functions I need to call to change to non-halt ?Â

Thanks!