Re: I'm back.

On Sun, Apr 25, 1999 at 11:09:19PM +0200, Christian Reiniger wrote:

> (1) Revive the website.
At the moment I am a little too busy to be webmaster, all I have to offer is
that 'editorial' I wrote just before I dissapeared.

Perhaps we can contact Loki Software. There's noone else that could give
some insights on Linux game development I suppose. They probably wouldn't
want to give out all details, but we could do an interview or column or
whatever.

Do we still have a good categorization of all SDK's? A table/datasheet with
a SWOT (strenght/weakness, opportunities/threat) analysis might be good for
those so developers can more easily choose. For example, how well qualified
is one particular SDK for sound, video, animation, 3d, etc etc. Libraries
like GTK/Qt etc might need to be in here as well, some of the simple games
(that we want as well) can easily be done in these environments.

> (2) Revive the "Example game" and "Book" parts

Nomination for example game:

http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/estonia/798/

It's not really a game actually, it's a reimplementation of the Westwood
engine. Other notes: Altima seems to be renamed, I'll check upon the
N.U.K.E. project later.

We don't want to have too many example games though, and really only hit the
development area. I noticed that the Tome and Linuxgames.com get more and
more alike and we don't care to be a 3rd player in _that_ direction.

> (3) Announce that we're in again

All in the right time. =)

One last note... sorry for having been away so long that you have given up
on me. We lost a few months I suppose (from what you told me not much
progess has been made lately), but that doesn't mean we cannot get back on
track.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper | mail: cap@capsi.com + cap@capsi.net + cap@capsi.cx