Re: Cooperative Free Software Game Development ?

Philipp Gühring wrote:

>> >We are a group of game developers, and we have the resources to make
>> >the sounds and graphics ourselves. We are very open to free projects,
>> >so I can offer you to help you with your free projects. I cannot

>> BTW - You don't by chance feel a strong urge to take over in case our
>> example game development group turns out to have disappeared? ;)
>
>Hmmm. What exactly does this mean to us? What do you expect us to do?

We essentially need some example game(s) for showing Linux game development
issues. Perhaps one medium-sized one ans some small ones demonstrating
specific issues (e.g. one focused on network play, one on 3D gfx etcetc)

>We just decided to port our DOS-based game to Linux in summer,
>so we do not have much expierience with Linux-coding.

I think that's actually *good*. I mean, the example games (and most of the
tutorials on this site) are targeted towards people new to Linux game
development. Now if some experienced person would write this stuff it's
very likely that it simply doesn't mention many traps etc "newbies" will
certainly run into. It's a bit difficult to explain - perhaps you still
have a much clearer view of what problems people new to Linux gamedev face,
because you're in that position yourself.

	Christian