Re: Why code your own library?

>Most games should be full screen, some can get away with windowed (not
all
>games are FPS games where framerate is the deciding factor)

Yes, but most of them are quite easy to program.
They just create them to get some experience. :)

>For most apps I use gnu auto*, but for my game, I use handbuilt
makefiles. I
>still don't know if I'm going to be open source on it, but I definitly
know I
>want to have a "drop in" binary that just goes without needing any
library
>hunting for most users. If I understand correctly, neither the gpl nor
lgpl
>would allow me to use someone elses code inside of mine if I'm not
releasing
>source freely to those who get the binary (shame on me for closing my
source)

I don't think that's how it works. If you are using code
that is GPLed and that can be downloaded somewhere
else, you are not hiding anything that is not yours. Maybe
if you charge money for using GPL software alone or if
you reuse code from GPL software that is not yours and
change the license. I think this is a real violation.