Re: libmikmod woes..

Christian Reiniger wrote:

> I agree with you that starting another SDK is pointless. That's why we
> decided to abort the PenguinPlay-as-a-library thing and changed it to
> PenguinPlay-as-a-collection-of-libraries. The idea is to take the
> existing libraries/SDKs, identify missing parts, weak spots,
> interoperability problems (e.g. is it possible to use both Lib X
> sound and Lib Y input in the same game), combine them into one
> "package" etc.
>
> The details of this still need to be fleshed out, but I believe
> we are on the right track. We'll see if it's the right thing.
> And this time I won't announce it or try to convinve people
> to help etc until we have something to show.

Ah!  That's an interesting idea.

It has the potential to re-unite all the miscellaneous libraries
without picking one as a "winner".  Hmmm - that's the kind of idea
that just might work.

Of course if you get three or four people who have each written
what they consider to be THE PERFECT (say) Audio library duking
it out on the list, it's gonna get ugly fast!

Unfortunately, you'd be in the opposite position that I mentioned
in my last list (where most of the arguments come from the 95%
of people who are NOT contributing code) - and into the ugly
position where all of the arguments come from committed and
practical programmers who know what they are talking about
and who are defending their personal efforts in the face of
their "competitors".

Ouch!

Flame-proof underwear required here I think!

> If you want to get a better idea of it: I just finished the
> basic homepage.
> http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay/ will take you there.

(Wot - no PLIB links?  That's it - I'm already offended :-)

--
Steve Baker                (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
Raytheon Systems Inc.      (817)619-2466 (Fax)