Re: SDL vs GGI

Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> That's why I would suggest GGI. It has good performances, works both in X
> and console (plus some other weird displays :)) is not too high level and it
> will be soon in all distributions.

Define "soon"?

Also, Svgalib is in just about all distributions right now, but right
after an install of Red Hat 6.0 that told me it detected my video
hardware correctly (and it was right, X works perfectly), tell me why
starting Quadra crashed my machine?

"Quake and X Window work, but your game crash my machine, so it must be
crap. Bye."

If GGI get a similar level of "support" by the distributions (just
including the package, that is), tell me what would be the advantage of
GGI over Svgalib? If the advantage is that it at least work in X, then
tell me why I wouldn't use Xlib instead and gain the ability to pop
multiple windows and support cut & paste?

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Ludus Design, http://ludusdesign.com/