Re: OpenGL resolutions

> Katie Lucas wrote:
>
> > I don't know if I'm missing something obvious or what, but how on
> > earth do you find out what resolutions OpenGL is capable of on a machine?
>

> Have you tried
>
> GLuint size[2];
>
> glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_VIEWPORT_DIMS, size);
>
> IIRC that should return the maximum width and height the card supports.
> Working out the maximum depth could be a bit trickier though. I don't have
> my programming tomes here it work, I'll check them when I get home :)

Ahhhahahahahaha!!!

I'd forgotten about the attributes... <Doh! Airhead!!>

OK, that means I can at least solve part of the problem. Cheers.

Oohhhhh - and I guess if those dimensions don't equal what I asked for
I can figure that either a) we're in software and the screen doesn't
go that big or b) we're in hardware.

{ I mean, technically, this is only going to work in hardware modes,
but if I ever do release it, SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE will try it in
software and it'd be nice if it was at least graceful if not actually
fast.. }

[ Plus I develop on a laptop in hotel rooms, in bars, on other
people's floors in the comfort of my own bed [1] and, in extremis, while
driving.. and hence only have software rendering. ]

[1] Very long network cables into the office are yor friend... :-)