Re: OpenGL resolutions

----- Original Message -----
From: "Katie Lucas" <katie@fysh.org>
To: <linuxgames@sunsite.dk>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: OpenGL resolutions

> The X resolution affect the Voodoo card resolution?
>
> And it's not set up for 640x480 either... I'm lazy, I usually only
> configure 1024x768 for X...

AFAIK, when you switch to fullscreen (which Voodoo requires), it changes the
video mode to the closest possible one. If you select 320x200, and you don't
have a Modeline set up, the driver will select the nearest available mode.

In you XF85Config file, as well as the "Screen" section (with the "Display"
subsections, where you select the resolutions you want to run at), there's
also a "Monitor" sections. This usually contrains shitloadsa Modelines,
which the Screen section pretty much ignores.

I think you'll find that the ModeLines section of you XF86Config file is
quite heavily populated (usually done automatically by whatever app you used
to configure X). If you did it by hand, however, you be screwed (and not in
the good way).

Mark 'Nurgle' Collins
Developer Support - Codeplay Ltd.
http://www.codeplay.com