Re: OpenGL resolutions

----- Original Message -----
From: "Katie Lucas" <katie@fysh.org>
To: <linuxgames@sunsite.dk>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 2:02 PM
Subject: Re: OpenGL resolutions

<snippety snip>

> So what I probably want to be doing is to ask GLX what the render can
> do and how much ram it's got, ask X11 what modes it can do, mix and
> mash that lot up and pick something appropriate for the window size.
>
> And if the renderer is software, then I can just open either a 320x200
> and let the user resize it or let the user spec it on the CLI or open
> whatever they left it at last time they played..

Or, you could play it safe and use XF86VidModeSwitchToMode() (see man page)
and set the desired mode anyway, and make sure that the Voodoo drivers
select the same mode.

If you do do that, make sure you set the mode back to normal when you've
finished (it can be annoying when you don't).

<snippety snip>

> So it'll work fine on anyone who's bothered to set up their systems
> properly.. :-) <grin>
>
> Maybe I should stop being quite so lazy...

*sigh*

Women...

Mark 'Nurgle' Collins
Developer Support - Codeplay Ltd.