Re: Object files

Mark Collins wrote:

> Something just hit me (it was sharp too)...
>
> Assuming there are no calls to external libraries, if I compiled an object
> file (using a COFF format) using, say, MSVC, in theory that should link with
> gcc under linux, right?

You can link everything, if it works is another questions.

1) The gnu linker must support this format (it support really many),
   perhaps you must compile him self.
2) Make sure that the calling conventions fit.
	callee saves, caller saves, not saved registers (for c compiler),
	register parameter, ...

Than it should work,
Johns
--
Become famous, earn no money, create music or graphics for FreeCraft
http://FreeCraft.Org - A free fantasy real-time strategy game engine