Re: Loki files for banruptcy protection.

#19-Aug-01# Message from *Mark Collins*:
Hi Mark,

> title over someone elses.. I'd expect a major=league crash sometime in the
> future.

You're forgetting something though - most people will buy any damn rubbish
if the mags give it a good review. I've been hearing predictions of the "big
gaming crash" for the last 2 years for goodness sake. Doesn't seem to have
happened - there's been a lot of consolidation, the big publishers are
whinging about only making a few million in profit, but Impending Doom
doesn't seem to be the subject du jour.

>> seen at least a couple of instances of "The movie of the game".

> Max Payne is next...

Well I just hope whoever they get to play him doesn't go around looking so
damned constipated...

> We need *high-quality* free linux games, of which there aren't veyr many.
> FlightGear, TuxKarts and the like are good, but they're not going to draw
> Joe 'LeetFrag' Bloggs to Linux gaming.

I doubt we could do that anyway, at least for quite some time.

> Music isn't really a problem (assuming you have no problem using Windows
> to create it).

... and you aren't as tone deaf as a brick.

I couldn't do music to save my life, decent tracker or not. ;)

> I disagree here. Assuming Loki spend enough tme doing market research and
> design a game people want to play

If you've heard the details about why the whole c11 filing was needed, you
may begine to wonder if they did any research at all. They certainly don't
strike me as having done.

Chris
--
=[     Explorer2260, Designer and Coder     \=\ P: TexMaker, ROACH, site  \