Re: Implicit linking of local .so

Pierre Phaneuf wrote:
>If you go the script way (which can be okay, for example, call you game
>"something.bin" and make the script "something"), make sure to "exec"
>the game.
>
>You might want to try out the -rpath options to the linker.
>
>Also, you might do like we do, which is dynamically link the game when
>developing, then statically linking the release binary.

I did look into the rpath option, which basically lets you append a string
onto the library search path. It looked very promising, but it requires an
absolute path, and I couldn't figure out way to set a path at compile
time that would work on any end-user machine. I thought about making
a symlink in system space back to my application directory, but I
couldn't come up with a good place to put the link.

Jason