Re: GUI systems

On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 12:03:12PM -0500, Will Weisser wrote:

> > Isn't that a KDE thing.  Not much good unless you are already
> > running KDE.

> Not really...you need the KDE libs (and QT), but thats no diferent from a
> program requiring plib (for example).  I use it for all my programming and its
> extremely slick...I'm currently writing a chinese poker game in GTK-- with it.

It's not the same.  Taking the example of plib.  Plib is a small package
that requires GL, X and libc.  While the KDE libs have a depenency list
as long as your arm.  The same goes for gnome, only more so.

--
Christopher John Purnell  | A friend in need's a friend in deed
http://www.lost.org.uk/   | A friend with weed is better