Re: GUI systems

>>Currently we have exactly UKP0.00 in the kitty...
>
>Well, that solves the issue... :-) Maybe Java would be an alternative?
>Some tools have appeared for Linux too that let you develop using
>clickclickclick-GUI:s, but I don't remember the names right now.
>Borland/Inprise had something new recently.

Once again I'm getting the "it will end up being easier to do it myself" feeling
again. The problem is that if I sit down and just do it, it's a weekend's work
to knock together a basic set of window and control classes for X11 that I can
statically link in, and I know that downloading/installing/finding
dependencies/reinstalling/fixing/compiling and then trying to find documentation
for anything else is going to take longer.

Plus, I've not downloaded anything that compiled in a long time. PLIB didn't
compile. Search for Herring didn't compile. None of the other games I downloaded
compiled. I'm kind of losing faith in that approach.

Java might be a solution, but then we're in "linking it to C++" and "netscape
falls over all the time" territory.

In fact... if I used the templates I've assembled for the game so far as a
basis... and I know I'm going to be at the garage while my car is fixed tomorrow
and I can use my laptop to do a lot of this... <begins scribbling>