Re: Space sim in the works

Hello!

The screenshots look really nice, you probably already spent a lot of time on the project!

For now we
only have the rendering subsystem functioning, but we'll be adding
networking, sound, AI, and all the other fun stuff.
Seems rather risky to me. You may soon find yourself rewriting essential parts of your code or redesigning your world, just because of some things you didn't think of in advance.
   Writing the graphics engine is a lot of work. But you'll probably always get it working somehow. Game logic can be much more tricky. Spacecraft collisions (the effects, not detection) or AI are tricky, for example.
   I'd always start with the game logic, which is the most important thing anyway. I'd use simple graphics first, and add more when whe core of the game reached a more mature state.

From your project's web page:
Realistic flight physics: execute complex maneuvers to overcome your adversaries.
O.K., good PR is important, but... I've never seen a space battle sim with even remotly realistic physics. The fact that yours is not the first I can tell from the screenshots (design of the ships).

That's ok. I don't mind unrealistic physics at all. I don't see why a space sim should have realistic physics. But claiming it has them when it doesn't is strange enough.

I wish you best luck with the game,

Jiri Svoboda
jirik.svoboda@seznam.cz
Pořiďte si Oskartu Partu a můžete posílat SMS a MMS za polovic ceny! Ode dneška až na věky - a to už vážně stojí za to! www.oskar.cz http://ad2.seznam.cz/redir.cgi?instance=65010%26url=http://www.oskarmobil.cz/services/whatsnew.php#oskarta