Re: Tux Racer 0.10 Released

Jasmin Patry wrote:

> Version 0.10 of Tux Racer, an OpenGL-based racing game featuring Tux the
> Linux Penguin, has been released. This is the first public release of
> Tux Racer, and I'm looking for feedback and help from developers and
> course designers.

OK - next 'instant comment' - I think you need to add some ambient light to
the OpenGL lighting model - the dark areas on the terrain seem VERY dark.
In a snowy world, where there is a LOT of white surfaces reflecting light
all over the place, there are never any REALLY dark shadows.

--
Steve Baker                  http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1
sjbaker1@airmail.net (home)  http://www.woodsoup.org/~sbaker