[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Fast mouse pointer
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Fast mouse pointer
- From: "Francesco Orsenigo, Xarvh Project" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 22:11:01 +0100
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: mailing list email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:08:04 -0500
- Mailing-list: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Reply-to: email@example.com
What coul be a portable way to create a _fast_ full-colored mouse pointer?
I'm actually using a software cursor, but since SDL refresh under X is very
slow, the cursor is slow too...
SDL provides a (ugly, i think) system to provide a hardware (or at least more
hard-coded) pointer, but just black and white.
I thought about working under console framebuffer and gpm, as the framebuffer
is very fast and should be capable of redrawing the pointer several times per
seconds, but it seems i can't change gpm threshold, so that i have a 80x25
mouse space versus a 800x600 graphic space... even worste, gpm seems much
like a dead project: no official site or support (or i just can't find it...)
Thanx, Francesco Orsenigo