[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
glut/freeglut and fork()
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: glut/freeglut and fork()
- From: Francesco Orsenigo <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 20:49:30 +0100
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: mailing list email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:46:53 -0500
- Mailing-list: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Xarvh Project
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- User-agent: KMail/1.5.4
I'd like the game client to spawn a game server: i don't like the idea of
launching two things each time i want to play.
The question is: what happens if i fork() from inside glut environment?
Let's say i'm inside the glut idle function, or (worse?) inside an input
Is it just a strange thing to do, or is it really a *bad* one?