Re: Introduction

Keith Lucas wrote:

> I'm always stunned about how hard it is to find info about things
> like this:

There are some web sites you can go to for 2D and 3D file
format info:

   http://www.wotsit.org
   http://www.cica.indiana.edu/graphics/3D.objects.html
   http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/~mxr/gfx/3d-hi.html
   ftp://avalon.viewpoint.com/avalon/format_specs/

> you'd think they'd want everyone to know about so they use
> the product. Bah!

It's a delicate balance between their desire to have people
write 'downstream' products that render the files their tool
produces - and their dislike for other people writing tools
that compete with theirs - which by sharing the same file format
can steal chunks of their market.

--
Steve Baker                (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
Raytheon Systems Inc.      (817)619-2466 (Fax)