RE: Where do I begin?

It's always better (and easier) to know what your goal is before you start working towards it, rather than hope it'll make it self clear after you've started underway.. you know?

Why not create a game (or whatever) mimicking a particular game/style that you are interested in?  You'll have a common reference for your members instead of just a vague "let's make something cool" idea.

Patrick

Patrick Jenkins
http://www.PatrickJenkins.net/