Re: Scripting (Was First step or something)

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Chris wrote:

> > Yes, but that would require you to compile the .so file, which takes time.
>
> Only a matter of seconds, and that is once, whereas interpreted code needs no
> compile step but runs significantly slower. If that's not a problem then
> interpreted is fine. I just prefer dynamic librarires :)

But it also means that the tools needs to be available. Make no mistake, I
distribute source and all that, but if I were to distribute binaries as
well, it would mean that the end users have a lot harder time getting into
the edit-test cycle.

IMHO anyway. Xracer did it this way, and I never really bothered to check
out how maps were made, whereas tuxracer used a simple height map that
could be edited in any image editor. It was a lot simpler for me to begin
doing (as a user).

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
Today, the record companies are saying MP3s are the biggest evil. Tomorrow