Re: Loki...

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 04:19:49PM +0100, Jorrit Tyberghein wrote:
> Why is that exactly? I for one would not mind a free operating system
> (linux) with nothing else but free software on it. I'm certainly doing my
> best for that goal (Crystal Space). I see no reason for any commercial
> software on linux.

Because commercial ventures produce higher quality in certain areas.

Public (free) health care is okay here, but private (commercial) is better.
Public (free) education is okay here, but private (commercial) can be better.

Try to get 4 disks full of 3D artwork without paying someone. You won't
succeed.

The reason for commercial software on Linux is simple: some people want to
use the best software and free/open software simply isn't always the best
for everyone.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap@capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."