Re: Game announcements on LGDC

On Wed, 02 Jun 1999, you wrote:
> Bert Peers wrote:
>
> > I got VC++ with autocompletion, drop down lists, and tooltip
> > reminders of the parameter's type and name.
>
> Do you have flame-proof clothing handy? I would venture that claiming
> the superiority of VC++ in a Linux development group could at least
> raise a few eyebrows! (myself, I do not use VC++, but find its interface
> quite nice, even though the compiler is painfully slow)

It is? Haven't used it. It anyway beats gcc and egcs with Pentium processors
according to a comparisson I found in the net

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/6552/compila.html

It looks convincing but the author himself warns, that these are just numbers...
Funny thing in the test was the way -O affected gcc. The performance almost
doubles.

And BTW, Paul, I'd like to add this link to the news section. It was last
modified today (2. July 99). I'll send you a more detailed description soon.

Anni