Re: Game announcements on LGDC

> This is performance of the compiled code, right? Not very clear in the
> page...

It is the compiled code.

> I was talking about compilation time, not the speed of the code it
> outputs...

I know. Just wanted to point out that the results are sometimes worth of
waiting :) (No, I'm not a secret undercover MS agent)

> With light template use, Quadra weights in as a pretty
> average C++ program, and it takes a huge amount of time to compile with
> VC++ compared to egcs. Note that straight old C code compiles a lot
> faster than C++ on VC++, but we didn't compare C code compilation
> between VC++ and egcs.

This comparisson was supposed to be between gcc and egcs, I think. VC++
and the other one (Watcom?) were there just for reference. To be honest, I
didn't see any really BIG differences between the compiled code
performance when the 'optimal' (whatever that means here) optimization
flags were used.

Anni