Re: Request for Review

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Bert Peers wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  I've written a new article, it's called
> "Writing Modifiable Games".  It's lighter than the C++
> thing but still a bit longer than I anticipated.  If anybody
> has the time to check it out for typos, weird grammar etc,
> please take a look at :
> http://www.larian.com/rat/programming/modgame/
>
> One bug is that the schematics are not very readable.
> Normally I'd use Xfig for this, but my linux box got
> hosed and I had to use photoshop on a friends machine.
> Never used pshop before and I got the impression it's
> not really fit for technical illustrations :^)  So I hacked something
> together quick and dirty and unreadable; if anyone feels
> like redoing them, please go ahead (mail me first though)
> :)
>
> Bert

I think the schematics are ok. I think that for the VM section, a brief list
of these off-the-shelf tools could be added - bison/yacc&flex as the lowest
level tools and some ready bytecode compilers (such as xcode or quakecc  which
is available) & vm's on the other side of the spectrum.

I'll probably come up with something VM related soon.

Tomas Andrle -- tomaasz@iol.cz