Re: Threads

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Michael Day wrote:

> Although making games SMP friendly seems somewhat pointless when so few
> people have SMP systems, one of the primary reasons they don't sell in the
> consumer market is that so few games take advantage of them :) I'm sure
> when the next round of shooters jump on the Quake3 bandwagon and promise
> massive speed gains via SMP, dual motherboards will be selling like
> hotcakes... or like voodoo2s, for a more appropriate simile.

Add to this, that SMP systems (complete systems, inclusive RAM, HD etc),
using dual celeron overclocked to 450 are available in the US for below
$1000....

(But, off course, Windows 9x does not support it, AFAIK.)

SMP is great for interactive use. Lots of people would probably love to
have it, they just do not know it.

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
Estimates of online gamers in the United States alone run as high as 15 to